25 July 2008

Telling It Like It Is

For that one reader out there (you know who you are) who wondered what I meant when I said that, "green is always gold, if you know where to look," I didn't mean "green" as in environmentally-friendly, although I won't deny there's money to be made in that field. No, I was vaguely referring to the banking industry and the "greenbacks" (some old-fashioned idea about US printed money only being green -- not true anymore, of course, but still largely greenish in color), including one of my favorite stocks, FHN. If you tracked FHN recently, you saw you could have nearly doubled your money in two weeks. Even I hesitated and only captured a 27% increase in my investment over a few days' timespan. I'll hold on to a good bit more of FHN for a while -- part of the longterm strategy I mentioned previously.

A friend of mine does well trading green on the foreign exchange market. Of course, you've got to have a good chunk of change to take advantage of small movements in the exchange rate but my friend feels it's one of the safest markets to make money. I need another magnitude growth of my wealth before I'll throw cash into that ring. Maybe next year???

No comments:

Post a Comment