29 January 2009

Dedication for "A Space, A Period, And A Capital"

Does every work of nonfiction/fiction require a dedication? Of course not.

Why have one, then? I don't know...

Tradition.

Loyalty to our network of supporters, perhaps.

Whatever the reason, here's my dedication in front of the novel I'm submitting for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, "A Space, A Period, And A Capital":

To Fredirique and Vincent, forever unattached.


To Nicholas, who will see one day that he’s standing
on the debris-covered spiral origins of the Yellow Brick Road.

To Jorge Luis Borges, for showing me the value in
repeating the telling of a story, because parallel universes do exist, if only in our tales.

To other writers, such as
Edgar Allan Poe, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and William S. Burroughs –
your conversations with me in my dreams
taught me to accept myself as I am
and write from my perspective, no one else’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment