17 May 2009

Bristol

More than one center of civilization calls itself Bristol. At least one in Great Britain and one in the United States. One of the ones in the U.S. sits in the northeast corner of a political entity called Tennessee, where both I and country music were born, where a popular motorsports park exists and where you can walk down the middle of the street while putting your feet in two separate states.

I've only got a few minutes to blog so this entry will tabulate my existence as a member of a capitalistic economy.

Last night, I shopped with my wife and mother in-law, purchasing a water hose, a hand-operated water hose pressure controller, a device for reeling in/out a water hose, and an engraved coach's clipboard (with engraved whistle!) for the "tool and gadget" party today. We also purchased an engraved Fisher space pen and an engraved silver 1GB flash drive for my nephew's 25th birthday. I thank Rhoda at Things Remembered for engraving these items last night. The other item we bought, two digital desk clocks, will go to my father for Father's Day and my other nephew for his 17th birthday.

I stopped at Earthbound Trading Company and bought 15 incense cones and an incense-filled matchbook. I've purchased from the cashier before, whose name temporarily escapes me - instead, I see her bright eyes and brunette hair and smile.

Stopped and ate ice cream at a Ben-and-Jerry's ice cream outlet at the shopping center. $12.99 for 1 cone, 1 small cup, and 1 medium cup of ice cream. Expensive for what my mother in-law described as little better than ice milk. Guess we didn't buy into the concept.

More church-related activities today and then off to the "tool and gadget" party.

Meanwhile, I give thought to my blog entries for this week, wrapping up my experiences as an instructor at an institute similar to the one where I started my corporate entry process, getting a certification (i.e., academic degree) to work in an office environment.

I should visit Bristol again, I suppose, even if the hospital in which I was born has been razed and I no longer own season tickets to the Bristol Motor Speedway. Perhaps, Bristol, England, is the change of scenery I'm looking for? Think Viv or Trudi could advise me on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment