16 May 2009

Caudal Vena Cava

I had a story to tell you but I forgot what it was. I'm sure I'll remember. Instead, I'll tell you something else.

I don't believe I'm discussing these next two subjects in the same blog entry but that's me, I guess.

First of all, I sense that I'm getting older, seeing folds of skin hanging off my midsection as if they're wanting to turn into belly fat. Not good. I blame it completely on society - lack of time to exercise and too much beer readily available...and age-related metabolism decrease, of course. lol And to think I'm vain enough about my looks to think women find me attractive - at least I'm realistic enough to know better. In any case...

Secondly, I saw a cute blonde at lunch today. Beth M at Carson's Grill behind the Exxon station at the intersection of Big Cove and Hampton Cove communities. Her blue eyes didn't seem real, much like Lyrissa's, as if she's wearing contact lenses. Hey, if they're real - wow! Otherwise, I'd rather see the real thing than coverups. Beth took care of my wife and mother in-law so a shout-out to her, attentive server that she is. What kind of lip gloss do you use, Beth?

I wish I could remember the story I wanted to tell, another tale of people I've encountered whose life stories I can never experience for myself and can only feel what those lives are like by living them out through these words. Hmm...it's not the lifeguard at a pool in Cherry Grove Beach, North Carolina, who couldn't find a job after getting a bachelor's degree in art history.

Well, while I'm regressing, digressing, digesting, whatever, I'll let you know I found out today that a student/customer in my class is from my hometown, in an area known as Bloomingdale. She even knows one of my sister's former boyfriends. Small world.

Damn! I can't remember that story and it was a good one, a real doozy. I'd drink a beer, a glass of wine or a shot of whiskey to relax my body and loosen my thoughts but I've got to be ready to cart my wife and mother in-law to shops in town to find a good present for my nephew's 25th birthday. After this line of rain clouds pass by.

Remind myself I've got to give platelets at the Red Cross next week, part of my civic duty ingrained in me during my Boy Scout years. I may substitute for an instructor at the institute, too. Ah, the minor details of one's life that make the seconds tick by. Only 14,965 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment