19 June 2009

One Hundred Years From Now

I just found out in the last hour that the current state of the conditions of planetary trade is what some expert has newly called a "recession." Turns out we had an artificial run on Martian real estate while underground water sources were still thought to be limited. Since we just found out that the aquifers cover almost all of Mars, real estate prices have instantly plummeted, sending discretionary spending into a spiral which some economic pundits are calling the black hole of death.

As you mind readers know, I've got a copy of electronic text that my fifth-great uncle had written in a format called a blog or web log, cataloging his thoughts and observations about the early 21st century. Looks as if the word recession is not new, after all.

In fact, we're recreating economic conditions that occurred not only during the Great Recession of 2007-2011 but also in centuries and millennia past. Thank goodness I have maintained a set of records of Earth history here on Mars for my mental exercise routines, which I am mentally transmitting to those of you hooked on my wavelength for the next few microseconds.

In other words, don't panic. Prices will return to normal in the next few hours.

Be advised that I will offline for two minutes later today for a DNA change. I have decided that I prefer my skin cells living only one day or so to allow me to enjoy Martian daytime without deleterious effects on my electroluminescent tattoos.

Talk to you in a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment