09 January 2010

The Border of Boarders

Ever think about what a diplomat or ambassador does when s/he isn't enjoying time with friends and family away from home? I do (guess because a good friend of mine grew up all over the planet traveling with his diplomatic father's career).

Here's one insight into what a good diplomat/ambassador does:

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/data/html_dir/2010/01/04/201001040038.asp

Thanks to all of those who sent in the usual dictionary definitions of words I used that seemed out of place. I enjoy the way we see word usage differently - helps when my wife and I play with crossword puzzles.

Not much time to think on e-paper today. Offline world calls, including cleaning my 55-gallon (208-liter) aquarium. For some reason today, I miss my long-since dead 19-year old armoured catfish (a/k/a plecostomus (a/k/a Hypostomus plecostomus)), a constant water companion throughout my childhood and adulthood. While I'm tending the embers of old stories, guess I ought to dig out an old aquarium heater and stick it in a bucket of water for the dozens of finches and chickadees in the backyard today.

Hasta mañana! Until then, can think about corporate citizenship and the definition of fairness as it relates to a sense of privacy that a member of our species can expect versus what a corporate citizen can expect and then see how that goes with closed-door negotiations between corporate citizens (or their representatives, at least) and government officials. The future is not guaranteed - we can make positive changes for the future WHEN AND IF we keep our promises. Otherwise, charisma looses its charms, which fall to the ground, and proves there was no magic behind the curtain in the first place. I'll save the rest for tomorrow. I want a great future for our species and won't let me or anyone else get in the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment