10 July 2009

I Know Nothing

I have no understanding of the universe. I have only you, right? But I don't know what I look like through your eyes and you don't know what you look like through mine.

So why are we here? I don't know.

But I don't have to know.

I have only these words to describe you, my drawing, musical and sculpting skills lacking.

What is the difference between reality and art? Are either one real?

Are you real?

Am I real?

What matters? What is matter? What is the matter? What matters most, a smattering or a Matterhorn?

My face is faceless, my expression expressionless, my mouth is my ears and my nose my tongue.

I could attach four sets of eyes to my brain and see in all directions except inward toward my thoughts.

Knowing is nothing. Nothing is knowing. Doing and being are a pair of words. Quite a pair, at that. And yes, that makes me hungry for a pear that appears next to a paradoxical parakeet sitting on a pair of skates.

While you chase a meal by learning new tricks in a place called a job, your children chip away at a monolith shaping the future that'll eventually fall down and shut down your business.

Circles. Cycles. Unicycles. Bicycles. Tricycles. Triglycerides. Triumvirates. Bicarbonates. By golly. Unicellular. Cellular phones. Cellophane. Sell genetically modified crops. Crop circles. And around you go again.

What you seek, I cannot find. What you found, I do not want. What I want, you cannot seek.

That's the way it is, the way it's meant to be.

Never try to find something because you'll find what you want to find. Let something find you, instead.

I don't know what I think I know. I have no wisdom to share. These words mix together on their own.

I have you - that's all I know and all I need because you found me, I didn't find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment