21 July 2009

Pocket Social Engineering Scientist

Some of you know that I keep a dusty crystal ball in my study. The last time I looked in it I saw the harbingers of the medical future which showed me that all of us will be required to visit neighborhood clinics for annual checkups; thus, I increased my investment in IT infrastructure technology providers who will specialize in servicing publicly-owned medical clinics. Regardless of the ongoing debate in the national political arena, economies of scale will be reached that will make medical IT departments worth their weight in bits and bytes (no doubt some people will find ways to turn them into profit centers, too).

I know that the government leaders want to push universal health coverage while more people are uninsured than in a long while due to the extended recessionary economic conditions but an improved economy will get more people on payrolls and into health insurance plans than a government-backed plan. I prefer the affordable health insurance method the government used in getting cost concessions from private companies on Medicare, Medicaid and prescription drugs. The time to push universal health plans that may require more taxes will come but only when the majority of Americans see themselves in prosperity and willing to share the load, not when many Americans are cutting their household budgets in fear of losing their jobs. In any case...

Today, I rub the crystal ball against my shirt, amazed at how quickly small particles of lint, skin, carpet fibers, and other components of dust cling to a smooth surface. I suppose one could figure out a way to repel dust that doesn't get sucked into the central air heating/cooling system, but I digress.

I see the smoke inside the ball clearing. There's a message. What does it say? "Your winning lottery numbers are: 7 14 18 21 27 34 54 57 -6-". What in the world? Oh, I get it. Let's have a national lottery that pays for universal health coverage. Wow! Why didn't I think of that?

Now, how do I figure out a way to make money from that crystal ball prediction? Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment