12 July 2009

Tired of Teaching

I have no idea if anyone reads this blog. Online tools exist that would allow me to track all the persons who've looked at the blog or follow it but I believe I have this space to myself, transparent and on display to the world.

Some people are clever and leverage that trick to increase their social status. Everyone does something to live. At the moment, I participate in activities that lead to other people profiting from the education process in roles such as stockholder, employee, faculty and student/ customer/ product.

I don't work because I have to. I didn't take the education assignment because I had sought out a job position at the technical institute in order to get a job. Instead, I was asked to join the firm and did so out of courtesy to a colleague who no longer works at the institute. In addition, the two people who interviewed and hired me no longer work there.

Thus, I am participating in the game of teaching for what reason? I don't know.

We primates walk around and chatter with one another in hopes that we have enough to chatter about to make each other believe we have something worth exchanging between us. We have these societies that make no sense, that turn whole swaths of land, sea and air unlivable, just so we can climb each other's backs to get higher on the scale of primate primacy.

In the midst of that, we have a group of us who promote the increase of organized and categorized brain synapse formations.

I have no kids to raise. I have no goals to reach. I have no bills to pay. I have no worries to make.

All I want to do is have fun in a quiet, peaceful manner, so I can enjoy invigorating fresh air, biting insects, chirping birds, and surprising changes in the weather while I read and learn about who I am as a momentary group or subset of chemicals called a human in the superset of chemicals called the universe.

I have no reason to teach. I'll gain nothing more from the education process than what I've learned in the past few months. Instead, I give profit to others I'll never see and don't care about personally.

Teaching is not a job. Teaching is a calling and like all callings, calls people who have no desire for monetary gain, just enough to feed a small family. I have no family to feed and don't feel the calling to teach.

I retired from the corporate world because I had no more to learn or give the world of profits and losses. I entered the for-profit teaching business by accident of fate, which has enlightened me about teaching, coaching and leading students who are not also employees or "pure" customers of the same institute (I say that to distinguish that instructor/student relationship from the one where I have taught, coached and led employees, either my own or others who worked for the same company, or the one where I have taught, coached and led customers of the [non education-based] technology companies I worked for).

If I have nothing more to learn, I have nothing more to give others in return for their presence in front of me.

A bunch of primates out there have the desire and feel the calling to teach, to get other primates to increase their number of brain synapses. I am a primate who's happy to sit here and eat a few peanuts while perusing a few ink splotches on flattened leafs of pulp-and-glue or electronic pages. Let the world of teaching go on without me. Let others profit from the peanut wages of those who teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment