15 April 2009

On The Boulevard Where You Try To Breathe

Watched the movie, "Sunset Boulevard." Feel trapped. Like I'm the character Joe Gillis played by William Holden. Sure, I wanna have a nice relationship with you, honey, but see, I'm owned. My millions don't belong to me. My number's already been called. I ain't available no more. I'd like to feel we could have a wonderful relationship but it won't happen. Flirting's losing its fresh flavor 'cause I'm tired of the same ol' taste it leaves in my mouth - dry and empty, like gin. You best run along now and find some other guy to pay you some attention. I'll just sit here and drink myself into oblivion. There are plenty of guys like me around, even better ones. Only next time, you ask 'em right up front if the money he's throwin' around is his or someone else's. It'll save you a lot of heartaches. You ain't gonna find your sugar daddy if he's some gal's sugar baby. Do us both a favor and move along. I'm getting an itch I can't scratch and you're making it worse just standin' there. Take your curves down a different avenue. Yeah, there you go. That's a good girl. You'll forget about me tomorrow. They always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment