31 March 2010

Famosa Restaurant El Rey Sol en la Avenida

Looking into the Book of the Future sends shocks through my system every so often.

First, there was the revelation that Japan, Great Britain, Spain and France owned large stretches of North America (the Book of the Future shows the past, too, because present time is irrelevant).

Next, I saw that countries do not exist because people control governments through cooperation and/or coercion.

Then, I saw my old body decomposing after death. [Should that shock me?  Not normally, but today it did.]

I flipped page after page and watched the rise and fall of piles of money as negotiations went back and forth.  I lost count of the countries, businesses, individuals and groups who faced each other from atop equally-high stacks of cash and then faded away.

And then I saw the whole Book of the Future the way it really exists - devoid of people, absent of their temporary self-importance and others' idols to worship.

I saw us as we really are - background.

Right now, I'm numb.

To say I don't exist is an exercise in symbol arrangement.  To see none of us exists, which makes me and all that is around me while I type this nonexistent, has caught me off-guard/offguard/off guard.

Am I off my rocker?  Am I touched?  Do I really think I exist to say I don't exist when I really don't exist to think I exist?

We cannot imagine life without life, a universe without some beings from Earth around.  We believe we have this slight comfort in knowing that a few metallic objects drifting away from Earth will represent us should we destroy ourselves here.  We cannot see a supernova wiping out our solar system along with all evidence of our civilised existence.

I don't know what to tell you.  The Book of the Future told me today that we're all in the past and what I'm typing now no longer exists.

I am stunned.

Between now and then, we accomplish much.  As a species, we keep advancing the state-of-the-art, but in one timeline we don't figure out how to move enough of us thousands of light-years away to save any type of Earthlings, people or otherwise, from total annihilation.

The future is not guaranteed.  It's only probabilistic trajectories in all directions from all points of space and time.

I'm stepping away from the computer and the Book of the Future for a few days.  Today, seeing that all that is around me will not exist in living form in one probable future has made me dizzy from spinning in a loop of unbelievable improbability.

You keep playing games with one another - I'm too dazed and confused to play along.  I'm going to enjoy the sunshine at the regular speed of light, about eight minutes and nineteen seconds "old."  Why do I feel so much older all of a sudden?  Almost 48 and I think and feel like I'm 98.  Words have lost their significance in this 24-hour period.  Think I'll spend some time drifting in and out of crowds, enjoying people in all their wonderful shapes and sizes who are happily ignorant of the future, barely aware of governments interpreting modern-day Enigma machines and knowingly letting their enemies kill government citizens so the governments don't give away what they know.

I miss the innocence of ignorance.  Some say they get sad watching their family members succumb to memory loss.  I'm not so sure.  Tasting the freedom of absolute power, invincibility and immortality - sort of like Icarus touching the sun - is wished by many and survived by few.  Omnipotence and omniscience - be careful what you ask for - if you know what you're doing, you'll drive yourself insane trying to run day-to-day operations while completely aware of the permanence of the future's impact on the present.

I'm taking a break.  See you in a new timeline where I hope we figure out how to meld our hundreds of sovereignties together like one big brain and solve the problem of how to create a self-sufficient planetlike transportation device to get some of us (in new semihuman form) and many of our non-people Earthlings on a trajectory where we're not at the mercy of our neighbours in this part of the galaxy.  If only I'd live to see the solution!  Some of you will (I hope) - I envy you, when (or if) you do (if I read enough of the Book of the Future before I pass it on, I'm sure I'll see the future where you absolutely will; I'll just have to depend on faith and belief for now, eh?).

No comments:

Post a Comment