03 October 2009

Freedom of Thought

Yesterday, the world celebrated the birth of Gandhi. This week, the world celebrated the 60th anniversary of New China.

At the same time, we realized our fragile place on top of the world's crust when tsunamis, earthquakes, typhoons, flooding and other natural disasters destroyed people's lives and livelihoods.

I love my species and hold out my hand to both those who celebrate and those who mourn. Our journey is never-ending and our supplies we make up as we go along.

= = =

A nod to the young man who gave me fresh-baked muffins this morning. Your smile warms the hearts of my family while we prepare to celebrate the wedding of a never-once-been-married 47-year young cousin/nephew. Hope we see you again tomorrow morning! ¡Hasta maƱana, amigo!

No comments:

Post a Comment