14 October 2009

Time To Admit The Truth

In order to move on to the next set of thoughts, I want to admit the truth to you. I am a religious person. I have no religious dogma that directs my daily thoughts or actions but I practice a religion that has no name. I am alive. That's the religion I practice every moment. I treat life as life and see that all lives want to live. To live, some lives consume other lives. As a matter of fact, all lives consume other lives, living and dead.

In my religion, I stop short of giving thought to thoughts. I do not recognize consciousness as an important function in my religion. I only recognize life. Even then, I'm not sure what life is but I don't have to be sure because I don't exist anymore than any other life exists.

Life motivates me to live. All else is icing on the cake.

There, I've said it. Now you know why you are more important to me than anyone or anything because you are alive. Life is the ultimate reason why we're here. If you have other definitions for life, then use them but celebrate life, every life, in the process.

That's all I know and all I see. Now I can relax and concentrate on more concrete goals. No more bottling up inside what I've long known and understood. Can't get trapped in words if I see that words are meaningless. Freedom to be me.

Remember, I truly believe I'm the only one who reads these words. My goal is not to please others. My goal is to see life in simple terms I can understand and treat life as the only game in town. From there, I can make decisions and act upon ways to spread life as I know it out into the local habitable bodies of the universe. In the meantime, I enjoy what life as I know it is about, including sporting events, discussions, movies, festivals, games, politics, religion, companionship, learning, teaching and sleeping. Happiness is living, living happiness. Happiness is being me, no matter what others think, celebrating with others who are being themselves no matter what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment