16 October 2009

The Public Auction

Someone told me they heard that the government was going to have a public auction. Now, I ain't much of one to keep track of what the government is doing, having plenty to keep my little ol' mind occupied, but I was wondering what the government has to auction to the public. I mean, ain't the government public by dee-fault?

I never heard such a quantified quandary in my life. My friend Jeb says that it's not the government's fault that they're having a public auction. The government caint hep itself in a case like this.

I disagree. It's not the government's job to have a public auction. It's the people's job to auction public assets. After all, we're a government of the people, by the people, paid and bought for the people. Or paid off. Maybe bought off.

I'm no professor so I won't have the brain knowledge to collect the facts about this public auction. I'm just an ol' country fellow who's got no chickens to raise or corn to ferment and bottle. Poor in thoughts and deeds.

There's no right or privilege involved in getting a public auction started, anymore than there's a right or privilege for water, electricity or high speed communications. Reckon that's all I know. Time to put my teeth back in and get some vittles for supper. Maw, you ready to go to town?!

No comments:

Post a Comment