22 February 2010

Volumes and Reams

I had listened to many proposals to resolve the stalemate.  Some of them included references to recent pop culture - movies like "The Net," "Hackers," "Antitrust," and "Live Free or Die Hard."

So I dug deeper.

I pulled out scrolls given to me by an old couple down the street, both who meditated on the enormity of every task at hand, telling me that this moment in which we live is it, so treat it with grace, honour, dignity, seriousness, humour and patience.

I consulted with wise sages by reading their texts in dogeared books.

I smelled the wind.

I picked up fallen leaves and compared them to the naked, twisted sculptures standing tall above me.

I listened to those who had no solutions to offer.

Here, in this moment, is what I found.  The seriousness of this moment is a laughing matter.  We need not raise angry voices to sway lost leaders.  So, I call on those of you physically able to do so to give thanks for all we have.  Let us proclaim this "Hunger Strike Week" and demonstrate our solidarity in wanting to creatively get us out of the way of fatcats and others who desire to enrich themselves by taking all our money.

In this part of the world, it is Black History Month, which is a way of celebrating the diversity within our general culture.

Diverse ways of thinking.  Martin Luther King, Jr.  Gandhi.  Benjamin Franklin.  Sacagawea.

I live only in this moment.  In this moment, I choose to drink water.  Let this moment live for a while until I see that leaders put us first.  If they, active or retired, show they are using their re-election funds for personal use, then I will continue to find similarly quiet, dietary ways to encourage them to think otherwise.  I will not act rashly.

No comments:

Post a Comment