21 February 2010

Why The Issue Of Global Warming Is Of Paramount Importance

[I have lung congestion/infection and took some medication to reduce the phlegm so I can breathe better.  Unfortunately, the medication makes me groggy right now so I apologise ahead of time for poor grammar or inconsistent thought trails in this brief blog entry.]

A quick thought.  You do understand that getting the whole connected world to discuss the issue of global warming shows that we are one people, don't you?  The fact that we can discuss this issue and compare action plans about the issue, one way or another, and their effects on all of us, regardless of where we came from or what we look like, indicates we are treating ourselves as one species on this planet.

If it weren't for this medication I'm taking, I'd raise a glass of beer or shot of whiskey in your honour for considering me one of you.  I'll do so later this week after I get rid of this chest congestion.  In the meantime, here's to you, fellow Earthlings!

And yes, I will repeat this line of thought often.  Every time I see the brief moments when we see ourselves as one, I feel happy to be alive, no matter how much we disagree about the details of our daily habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment