24 September 2009

#1 Choice of Professionals

Everything happens for a reason and we find a reason for everything that happens. Simple thoughts but no such thing as simple answers. We make decisions and those who follow through on their decisions will be the ones who see if the answers were correct or satisfying.

In my yard, squirrels gather nuts from trees and chipmunks gather nuts from the ground. A hummingbird hovers nearby, its body a marvel of miniature proportions. Brown leaves cover the road up to my house. I have peace.

I find peace in the simple act of observing and find understanding in the thoughts of my observations. Many wise people, young and old, have surpassed me in understanding but I was not them. I can only understand myself, if I choose.

Good health and happiness are not dependent upon one another but certainly make for a pleasant day.

What is the concept of self-actualization? When we discover our strengths and weaknesses that seem to fit into our set of thoughts which create happiness or satisfaction within us, have we achieved self-actualization? Have we reached nirvana, heaven or paradise here on Earth?

I know what uncomfortable compromises feel like. I know what a member of a tribe, community or species faces when the goals of the whole weigh down upon the goals of the individual. I also know I'm just this whirlwind of activity that thinks it thinks.

Absolut power corrupts one's liver if taken in too large a daily dose. I am not so uppity that I have to belong to the self-fulfilling belief of manifest destiny. At the same time, I am alive or living as this self-aware whirlwind of activity with time to spare for more than simple survival of self.

I am repeating repeating repeating repeating the thoughts of all 140 billion of my species living and dead and another 140 billion of those yet to live. Repetition has value, like brushing one's teeth daily.

My species will always live without me, a self-realization that takes time to fully comprehend because I know I do not live without my species, an unequal thought. Me versus the billions, the same thought we all have.

Thus, happiness comes from seeing yourself as one with the universe, no matter how you word the thought. "I am actually my self, no one else."

I am not my species. I am not any of the other members of my species. I am me. Free to be me, too, although others may not like what I represent to them.

Compromise, courtesy, politeness, necessity - these may drive our daily actions in the ways we act counter to what we perceive as our true selves. I don't care. I am still me whatever I do.

Self-actualization is living in the moment but getting outside of the moment at the same time. I am not me. I do not exist. I am the only universe that I will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment