17 September 2009

The Thought On Everybody's Mind

I think I mentioned that I have not voted Republican or Democrat in the U.S. presidential elections because I believe our system needs a major change from the current two-headed one party system (yes, I know that Ralph Nader has not been the most viable alternative but I went with him, anyway). Interesting that the same idea is floating on at least one foreign website:

http://russiatoday.com/Politics/2009-09-18/us-politics-democrats-republicans.html

No matter who has served in the Oval Office, I have supported that person because the person was sworn in to protect the interests of the country in which I live. Despite one resignation and one blue dress the U.S. presidents have been all right, fitting as they do into the whole democratic republic picture I was raised to believe in.

Where is the future headed? Depends on how we see our place in the world, I guess:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2009/09/elizabeth-kolbert-better-measures.html

No comments:

Post a Comment