03 September 2009

Bon, Bon Gabon

The world is getting smaller and smaller. Many years ago (well, not so many but more than a few), I worked with a fellow named Pierre Andre Dumay. His father was, if I remember correctly, in charge of the security for the head of a small country in Africa. Had I ever heard of Gabon, he asked. Gabon? No, I responded. Well, Pierre, who was a big fan of this new band called Green Day (and believe you me, we listened to Green Day over and over on drives between Huntsville and Nashville), was proud of his father, responsible for the presidential palace of one Mr. Omar Bongo. Now, what do I know about Bongo, Gabon, or security forces? Good question. I suppose I ought to ring up Pierre and ask him if his father has any advice for the new prez. Hey, Ali Ben, need any advice? If not, that's cool. But you might check with Monsieur Dumay about how your father kept the streets safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment