18 September 2009

Weather Radar Analysis Results

While setting up the microscope last night, I turned on the supercomputer I built with popsicle sticks and bubble gum wrappers when I was a kid. Instead of the silly straight-line extrapolation charts that global warming alarmists like to shove in my face from the top of scissor lifts, I asked the supercomputer to show me actual data that would, not might, occur. Funny how well a computer works when you ask it for reasonable data.

Turns out that our planetary system has a series of checks and balances that give local residents a false understanding of what the system is doing. Yes, there appears to be whole-scale melting of large chunks of ice in this glass of sweet tea, but the near-term cooling effect from the ice vacillates and gives circulating cool masses a spin.

I don't like terms like "global warming" or "widespread desertification." I like positive-sounding terms like "land-use reclamation" or "sea lane expansion." We'll figure out what's wrong when we're all standing around the shores of the Arctic casting lines to catch the last fish.

Sort of similar to my response when looking at frequencies on my phone line and the way they trigger real or fake caller ID signals - I'll answer the phone when it's someone I know, with whom I'll have an intelligent conversation. The rest are trying and failing to get my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment