03 September 2009

Globalization and Neighbours

Do you spend time preserving your family's cultural heritage? Do you and your family actively participate in local cultural heritage festivals, including those of your family and of other families? These days, very few cultures are what they were, absorbing changes that other cultures promote or display. Same is true everywhere:

http://www.chinaethnicgroups.com/2009-08/12/content_8561584.htm

Think about it. Celebrate diversity, not monoculture. I am after the hate-mongers, not ones of a specific culture. You want my anger. You will have it in logarithmic scales but you will not see it. Linear is not my style.

Like the couple who commented that they will not visit any place I eat or shop because they believe I do not display Christian-like behaviour. Folks, you have made your point. If my positive recognition of those who contribute to my marketplace habits causes others to make un-Christianlike comments, I will refrain from giving those who are trying to make an honest living in this economy my due. Woe to me to make ripples in the ponds of shopkeepers' "family" customer income base - I value my shopkeepers' unbiased friendship too much. I have eaten at every eatery in this area, this country, this hemisphere, this planet. I have attended religious service in many places dedicated to a variety of religions. I have bought from grocery markets, grown my own food, sewn my own clothes, bought tailored clothes and ready-to-wear clothes, owned foreign and domestic vehicles. I am you. I want your family to excel, ONLY IF you believe in a multicultural world. Otherwise, you do not exist. Tolerate that, you of narrow-minded views!

MORAL OF THE STORY: Making fun of you immortalizes you with humour. If you can't take a joke, don't drink the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment