19 September 2009

Seeing Red

Yesterday and today, I'm seeing red. I went for my monthly apheresis donation yesterday and suffered only the third hematoma of my multi-decade donation record. I think about the bruising look on my arm and feel thankful that the little pain and discomfort of a once-in-a-few-dozen needle pricks results in internal bleeding all for my commitment to save the lives of those who need my whole blood and blood platelets.

Today, I see red because my rivalry college football game takes place in just a minute or two - Orange-and-White versus Orange-and-Blue. Don't expect my team to win but if they top the rival today, I'll take it. I'd rather see my favorite team go at blows with their rivals on the field than let the general population turn on each other. Maybe our government leaders should start taking sides, too. Munster vs. the Redskins, anyone? Manchester United vs. Edmonton?

No comments:

Post a Comment