07 August 2009

Beyond Flavor

I am no chef. I like good food. Simple. Tasty. Unpretentious. Filling portions, not pretty pictures. Last night, after an early evening of a sweaty walk in the woods, my wife and I stopped for a bite to eat at our favorite corner pub, Carson's. Sat down, watched the telly, soaked in the nearby conversations, sucked down a Newcastle and waited for the meal to arrive.

Smoked turkey sandwich - delicious. Butter-soaked side dish of veggies - scrumpfullbellyisish.

Enough said. I can still taste the grilled sandwich 19 hours later. My stomach growls in protest, wanting more. Or maybe it's recalling the muffuletta sandwich I split with my wife at Tim's Cajun Kitchen during lunch today, along with a cup of jambalaya? No matter, I'll appease my stomach at Thai Garden later on tonight, my wife and I ordering the usual, I'm sure, a #1, #8, #36 (2 stars, on a scale of 1 to 3), and #49 (30 stars, the way I like it, Thai hot). Then the musical, "The King and I," for dessert.

Time to repair my plane again.

No comments:

Post a Comment