03 August 2009

Online and Out of Touch

Two or three days later...

He leaned forward over the keyboard, joining the masses hunched over computers, gameboxes, music players, cell phones, PDAs, smartphones, telephones, typewriters, telegraphs, gizmos, whatchamacallits, thingamajigs, gadgets. Paper and slate. Pen and Pencil. Chalk. Henna. Charcoal.

The hum of equipment.

Buzzing in the ears.

Silence.

A mirror. A magnifying glass. Reflecting. Distorting.

I know I do not exist and yet...

I feel my arms resting on my hips.

I see the world through a pair of eyes.

The absence of "I" is contrasted by the presence of the body that is me. Without me, I am not "not I."

Repetition. Repetition. Repetition. Recourse. Rewind. The beating of my heart.

Using this computer as an excuse not to live, like the empty calories of a carbonated, sweetened, vitamin-infused drink that meets the need of "I" but dissatisfies the body, the "me." We spend too much time in the "I" zone and not enough with "me."

How much time have I wasted on/off line, plugged into and connected to a society of "I"s who appeal to other "I"s, unaware of the more important "me"? Time to disconnect, continue to spend more and more time with me and others like me, interested in what makes me me and not what feeds the temporary, empty needs of "I."

This blog is temporarily out of order, shut down, and out of sync with computerized databases, automatically-collated news headlines and the group of thoughts called Rick. The "I"s no longer have me. Me wants and gets to be free for a while longer, maybe permanently. The eternal moment with me is more fulfilling than what I get while being here. My universe is bigger than just one blog, more than words, and quietly satisfying without typing. Thanks for stopping by. Me will talk with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment