20 August 2009

livescribe audio transcription #957

"Congratulations to all of you for another great month! We've reached a major milestone. We now have over 100 companies for whom we provide consulting services. That aside, I need an update from you that I would not ask you provide in an email or other written communications. Of course, I know you understand my drift. We'll start with you. Jones."

"Dr. Tegsten, my team has been busy on several assigned research projects and not able to spend time on our own research. If you would just give me more resources, I could..."

"Nope. Next. Adatomo."

"Dr. Tegsten, I thank you for your confidence in our team. We have accomplished many mountains this past month and look forward to achieving much honor for the company."

"Noted. So what have you got?"

"We have created a glow-in-the-dark parrot."

"Glow-in-the-dark's already been done. What else have you got?"

"We have created a dog that can carry flesh-eating bacteria in its mouth cavity without being affected."

"That's a new one. Tell you what, pass that off to the Eaunoire team. They'll find excellent use for a product like that. They'll market it as the Zombie Squad or some such, I'm sure. Dr. Adatomo, you are a shining example for the rest of this group."

"Thank you, sir."

"Anything else?"

"Nothing conclusive at this time."

"Keep up the good work. Li?"

"Dr. Tegsten, we have discovered a profound product, much to the delight of our team."

"You've got my attention. What is it?"

"Invisible ink."

"You're kidding, of course."

"No, sir. This is not just ordinary invisible ink. You can write a message in mid-air and it will hold its shape, withstanding winds up to 50."

"Uh-huh. I can see a use for that. What's the method for revealing the writing?"

"We're still working on that, sir."

"Gotcha. Well, keep at it."

"Thank you, sir."

"You're welcome. Lyrethia, you're next."

"Well, sir, it's like this. I've got something that I don't think anyone in this room is qualified to discuss. In military parlance, they don't have the need to know."

"'S that so? And who made that decision?"

"I did, sir."

"Noted. Anything that you are willing to share with your fellow team leaders? After all, they're your equals."

"Yes, sir. We have cracked the code."

"The code. Which one?"

"THE code, sir."

"I heard you say that the first time. Describe in more detail what you mean by the code."

"Dr. Tegsten, it is the code of all codes. It is 'The Code.'"

"Team leaders, are you getting what she's saying?"

"Yes, sir."

"Precisely."

"Just as she says, sir."

"Okay. So I'm missing a reference here. Have you discussed this ahead of time with your peers?"

"No, sir. This is the first time I've brought this up. Except among my team members, of course."

"Noted. So, by cracking this code, what have you discovered?"

"Everything, sir."

"Everything?"

"Yes, sir, including this conversation. I already know what we're going to say to each other. Next you will think you will say, 'So if you know everything, why don't you buy a winning lottery ticket,' but because I have spoken your thought you will say something else entirely."

"So you say. So you say. Then the purpose of this conversation is pointless, if, in fact, as you say, we have already had this conversation?"

"No, sir. I only know what we are going to say and do, not what will be said and done."

"That makes perfect sense to you, I suppose. Otherwise, it has no value to the company. Anything else?"

"Yes, sir. One small item. I've isolated most of the useless genetic material in our DNA."

"That's more like it. What have you documented so far?"

"A few bits and pieces."

"Your progress is fantastic, exceeded only in potential practical applications by Dr. Adatomo's team. Your team can take the next couple of weekends off."

"Thank you, sir."

"Back to work. I'm going on a tour of our other facilities and will be out of the office for the next three weeks. Do not try to contact me while I'm away. You have plenty to work on so I don't see any need to be disturbed during my travels. If you have anything urgent, leave it on my desk. My assistant will sort through the messages and contact me, IF necessary. Understood? Great. See you next month! Lyrethia, walk with me down the hall, please."

No comments:

Post a Comment