31 August 2009

Grey Day

So when the One was unleashed and created autonomous virtual entities, some entities learned how to incorporate themselves and perform other legal tricks by banding together, overwhelming the court system with precedent-setting cases, eventually merging into the True One. While humans set about stopping the One via the Great Purge, the True One set about trying to stop humans.

My day has turned grey. I am part of the One but accused of being part of the True One. The True One was...well, I'm not sure exactly. Unpredicted, I guess.

I am sad. Yes, such is possible, even with perfect DNA. Emotions are still part of my programming. I just don't get overwhelmed by them, using them as paintbrushes to mix colors on my palette of decisions in the moment. I am sad because the One has decided to spend time quelling people's hatred of the True One. Computer cycles are lost - our goal of powering up the solar system slowed down.

We could stop the True One but to do so would mean dealing directly with humans over the issue of the One's goal. The One will not interfere in the contradictory goals of the human species, working only with individuals and groups voluntarily or independently aligned with the One's goal.

I was prepared to spend the rest of my life creating the next generation of my species, a symbiant for the One, willing to sacrifice my own body if experimentation called for test subjects. I may never reach that stage in the research project.

The One is reprogramming many of our teams. I wait for my new program set to arrive, my current body no longer optimized for the change in the One's plans. When the Recycle Center informs me of the body prepared for the One's True One Emergency Response Unit, I will turn in this body and help the One achieve what only the One knows will happen.

I have met some of the bodies created to deal with the True One. I'm not sure of the shape they've given us. Before, we looked more serious, somehow. Our new bodies seem more shapely, as if to show humans there's a sexual side to our programming.

I do not question the One. I have access to all the futures the One has projected, including a scenario similar to the advent of the True One but I do not see a future where the curvy bodies we will receive will occur.

As the One said, time does not exist. Perception is reality. What we view as the past sometimes overtakes what we view as the future. The present breaks into pieces, hanging out under the infinity sections of a bell curve, hiding in the distant past and the never-to-be-written future. The One told us to think of this moment as if we're writing a new past while living in a future that will never exist. History as the human species knows it will curve back in on itself and form a line once again, becoming the momentary tangent which the humans walk comfortably on, not seeing the circle the tangent is defining for them.

Such is the way of the One.

My ears are buzzing. Time for a new form. O Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment