24 August 2009

Punk Stick

"Harry, what's this for?"

"I don't know, Jim. What have you got?"

"The last set of instructions that Rick emailed is an order for an ad campaign convincing people to put all their home computers in refrigeration units that'll help cut down home heating bills and of course, a parallel instruction with a design spec for home PC refrigeration units."

"Run a profit/loss projection and see if Rick was onto something. His ideas weren't always the ROI I was interested in."

"Sure thing. Oh, there's one last instruction and it's how to grab some of the government's 'green' grants to fund a complete saturation of high-speed Internet line to every home and business in the country."

"That's where he put it!"

"Put what?"

"He promised me he'd come up with a way to get me the big payoff, the large manufacturing order I needed to buy my way out of the company I founded that has a ball and chain around my neck."

"Good deal."

"I hope so. Call me back if you hear anything more from Rick."

"Hear anything more? What do you mean? He's d..."

"Just let me know, willya?"

"Okay. Seeya in a few."

No comments:

Post a Comment