25 August 2009

Outback

To the person from Queensland who had something to say to me but doesn't want me to respond to an email, I'm here. I'm listening. And yes, I care. I know it's going to happen. I just won't say when, okay? Oh, and I take nothing, I mean NOTHING, seriously. I like to see humour in action. We're just primates, you see, prone to skin diseases and other planetary conditions we can't ignore. Other than that, anything's possible. Just don't believe what you see and please don't believe anything I write. On the other hand, your writing is one of the most beautiful poetic creations I've read. A single line of your writing exceeds all of my writing combined. Despite what I told you earlier, what I just said is true. See what I mean about humour? I don't take myself seriously but many of you are more real than I could ever imagine. That's my secret to a good life. We don't always have to be in the driver's seat. We can take turns steering, sometimes with permissions, sometimes not. Your time will come. World leadership is a revolving door. I look forward to seeing someone with your color in charge. Gandhi led the way once. His people can do it again, in time. Other people will have their turn, too. That's why I believe in globalism, because no one or no group should be in charge for very long. We only have this one planet. I want to share it with you. So please forgive me if my humour offends you. I am at your service but will not stop being me, using words for fun at the expense of everyone's seriousness. How else are we to see that we are one and the same species using the limited resources of this spinning spaceship together? I hope to meet you one day and tell you a good joke. I hope you will smile. That is all I ask. Until then, have a great life!

No comments:

Post a Comment